I am constantly in search of healthier alternatives to my favorite desserts and this satisfied that craving on so many levels! The consistency was so perfectly gooey and fudgey and the dark chocolate and orange combination is such a lethal one— So decadent and rich! If you have a massive sweet tooth like I do, you need to make this right away!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Thank you for the love and if you do end up trying it, please feel free to share your pictures with me on Instagram @kavitaarjungi.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 Cups of Dark Chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup of coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp Cocao Powder
- 4 Tbsp Corn Starch (or arrowroot starch for people that have corn allergies)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Large orange (Zested)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Teaspoons of Instant Coffee
- Pinch of salt
How to put it together:
- Microwave together coconut oil, chocolate chips, Instant Coffee, and cacao powder for 20 seconds at a time until fully melted. Be sure to mix them all together thoroughly before microwaving so that the coconut oil coats the chocolate chips, and instant coffee.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and coconut sugar until thick and fully combined (should be light brown in color).
- Pour the egg mixture into the melted chocolate mixture and carefully fold in the ingredients together.
- Add the corn starch, 90% of orange zest, and salt to the mixture and combine until mixture becomes thick and sticky.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan (or an 8×8” brownie pan) and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares and garnish with remaining orange zest.