Shrimp Tikka Dumplings with Soy Chili Garlic Sauce
Many people ask me why I only make dessert/sweet dishes. The truth is, I didn’t even realize I had been doing that! I figured I would switch it up a little bit with these shrimp tikka dumplings. Who doesn’t love a good fusion dish, right? 🙂
What you’ll need..
– 1.5 tsp chili powder
– 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
– 1/2 tsp cumin powder
– 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or to taste)
– 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
– 1 tsp ginger
– 1 carrot (chopped)
– 2 green onions (chopped)
– 2 Tbsp yogurt
– 1/2 lb Shrimp peeled and chopped
– 1 pack Vietnamese spring roll rice sheets
For soy chili garlic sauce..
– Soy sauce
– Chili garlic sriracha
Put it together..
- Combine chili powder, minced garlic, cumin, salt, lemon juice, and ginger in a food processor until a paste forms
- Mix yogurt with paste and throw in your carrots, half your green onions, and shrimp. Refrigerate mixture for 20-30 mins
- In a large bowl of water, dip 1 rice sheet at a time for 3-4 seconds (be sure not to dip for too long or the sheets may tear)
- Place sheet on a paper towel to dry. Once dry, place a small spoonful of the mixture in the center of the sheet. Begin folding at the edges (like regular dumplings) and twist the top so that the ingredients stay in the rice sheet
- Combine soy sauce with chili garlic sriracha (or really, any Asian hot sauce of your choice), dip dumplings in sauce, and enjoy 🙂