Ever since my sister and I tried these delicious energy balls at an organic store in London, I have been wanting to recreate them. The ones we had were slightly different but the great thing about these is that you could make them using just about any nuts or berries you choose to use. Apart from being one of the most simple things to make, these raw truffles are a great source of antioxidants, vitamin E, protein, and fiber. Not to mention they are lip-smackingly delicious 🙂
What you’ll need..
– 8 medjool dates soaked for an hour
– handful of almonds
– handful of pistachios
– 2 tsp cacao powder
– 2 Tbsp (approx) 80% organic dark chocolate chunks
– orange zest from 1 orange
Put it together..
– Mix all ingredients in a food processor until thick, sticky and slightly chunky mixture forms. (Don’t worry if your nuts aren’t completely blended. The chunky texture adds character :p)
– scoop out mixture into a bowl and start forming ping-pong ball sized truffles using your palms
– Serve and enjoy 🙂
2 thoughts on “Nutty Dark Chocolate “Truffles””
I stumbled upon your website a few weeks ago. Tried your paneer burji and tofu tikka masaala recipes, they turned out to be brilliant. I am always looking for new recipes since I am a food connoisseur myself and an occasional chef on ChefsFeed (Feastly) cooking ‘Progressive Indian Cuisine’. I still need to try your recipes for Nytty Dark Chocolate and Matcha Rosewater bites. I see you are a trader joes fan! I love that place too.
Shiven, thank you so much for your comment! So glad you liked the paneer bhurji and tofu tikka! I’m a huge chefsfeed fan! Would love to check out your dishes sometime. Do you have an Instagram account?
Trader Joe’s is the best! 🙂