Don’t you love saying the word ‘compote’? Makes me feel so fancy..
I am a huge sucker for anything pumpkin. Pumpkin spice lattés, pumpkin cheesecake, and most definitely pumpkin pancakes. These yummy pancakes made working from home on this rainy Monday morning just a little bit cozier. I decided to make them with oats this time and was amazed at how fluffy and light they turned out. In fact, I found them fluffier than regularly made pancakes..such a game-changer! And coupled with the cranberry-ginger compote (Seriously.. love this word), it was like Thanksgiving in my mouth..The ginger added a spicy bite to the sweetness of the cranberry..Delish! Overall, an amazing (and super healthy) pre-Thanksgiving breakfast. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did 🙂 Happy Holidays!
Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
What you’ll need…
– 1 cup quick oats
– 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup pumpkin pureé
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– 1 cup milk (mix in a splash of lemon juice)
– 2 Tbsp peanut butter (Feel free to substitute with coconut oil or regular butter)
– Splash of vanilla extract
– 2 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
– 2 Tbsp soaked flax seeds (optional)
Put it together..
– Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth
– Grease heated pan and pour 2-3 Tbsp of mixture onto the pan
– Cook until both sides of the pancake are a golden brown
What you’ll need..
– 1/2 can of cranberries (feel free to use fresh! I just didn’t have any handy..)
– 2 medium sized pieces of ginger
Put it together..
– In a skillet, heat your ginger pieces for about a minute and stir in your cranberries. Allow mixture to simmer and come to a light boil for another minute
– Remove ginger pieces and pour mixture over pancakes
– Enjoy! 🙂